Now you can get a duinoCase-B+ for your Raspberry Pi B+ and Raspberry Pi 2!!
UPDATE: This enclosure is also FULLY compatible with the newer Raspberry Pi 2 Model B!!
duinoCases.com announces today the availability of the new duinoCase-B+ for the newest member of the Raspberry Pi family. The duinoCase-B+ is a fully custom enclosure designed for the higher-spec variant Raspberry Pi B+ .
From the Raspberry Pi organization website:
The Model B+ is the higher-spec variant of the Raspberry Pi. It replaced the original Model B in July 2014. Compared to the Model B it has:
- More GPIO. The GPIO header has grown to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the first 26 pins as the Model B.
- More USB. We now have 4 USB 2.0 ports, compared to 2 on the Model B, and better hotplug and overcurrent behaviour.
- Micro SD. The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.
- Lower power consumption. By replacing linear regulators with switching ones we’ve reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W.
- Better audio. The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.
- Neater form factor. We’ve aligned the USB connectors with the board edge, moved composite video onto the 3.5mm jack, and added four squarely-placed mounting holes.
We recommend the Model B+ for use in schools: it offers more flexibility for learners than the leaner Model A, which is more useful for embedded projects and projects which require very low power, and has more USB ports than the Model B.
The new duinoCase-B+ is a high quality, commercial ready, powder-coated steel case with a set of custom designed features to provide maximum flexibility in enclosing the Raspberry Pi B+ and it’s various options and configurations.
The duinoCase-B+ is designed to be modular and expandable. Both the front and rear panels are removable. The front panel has an opening for the Ethernet and USB jacks. Side openings accommodate the USB, HDMI, and Audio jacks. The rear panel is removable, and we have optional rear panels that have knock-outs for DB9/DB15 and also CAT5/6 jacks. There is room for a full height hat/shield inside the enclosure. The base is slotted for wall mounting, and is predrilled for our optional DIN Rail mounting kit.
The enclosure includes stick-on rubber feet, and all enclosure and board mounting screws. The enclosure is made from common 18 gauge cold rolled A366/1008 mild steel, with a PLT-40104 semi-gloss textured premiere blue coating. Dimensions of the enclosure are (approx.) 4.1″ L x 2.5″ W x 1.75″ H
The duinoCase-B+ is provided as a finished product ready to enclose your project or product, and can also be fully customized in different colors, with different screening, and both end panels can be customized with different openings.